This post is written for Bar-A-Thon Day 5
Challenge with Blog-A-Rythm
– Theme –“Marathon of my favourite things.”
5 purple baby baingan/bringal
10-12 cashew nuts
150 ml coconut milk
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp zeera/cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
1-2 green chilli
3-4 Curry leaves/bay leaves
1 tsp mustard seed
Cilantro for garnishing
1. Fry onions till golden brown now grind onions along with almonds, cashew nuts, salt and 1 green chili into a fine paste.
2. Slit baby baingans with a knife into 4 pieces but keep them attached with their cap.
3. Fry the brinjals in oil until soft but still holds shape. Drain and set aside. In the same oil, fry ginger garlic paste until golden. Then add the ground paste and fry for a minute.
4. To this, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, jeera, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and fry for another minute.
5. Add the coconut milk, mix, then add the brinjals and cook closed for 5-10 mins. Add bhagar and Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Add Curry Leaves and mustard seeds into hot oil fry till you can hear the crackling of seeds now add over the baingan.
Your Bhagaare Baingan is ready to serve now. Serve them with chapati/ paratha/raita/rice as per your taste/choice.